Friday, August 8, 2008

Experience sometimes means a "brief"

Extra! Extra!

Yes, I know better than to begin anything with a cliche, however, in the spirit of limited creativity and time I will make an exception. The thrilling sport of Archery begins today and my cohorts and I have mixed zone passes (I will explain later) to the Games! While y'all are all nestled warmly in your beds, I will be in the media war zone of the much anticipated sport of Archery.

Ok, so only Robin Hood is flipping news channels cursing at the lack of broadcast.

This entry is meant to be quick, so here we go; I'm certain that my curious little readers want to know how the Opening Ceremonies went and if I got my nosy journalism-self inside any of the action....

No, long long story, but it turns out that I can literally get closer to the Pentagon than the Bird's Nest and in fact had trouble getting close to the Subway. So, in all my Olympic journalism glory, turns out I'm not so cool after all. Hmmm...oh well. I get to interview athletes today!

UPDATE!

Here are some videos of my roommate's and my attempts to get to the Opening Ceremonies on 08/08/08 and some scenes from the insanity of it!







Enjoy your sleep, watch those archery results.

~Molly

No comments: